Vine Hill House is a beautiful wine country estate setting for weddings, receptions, commitment ceremonies, anniversaries and other memorable celebrations and occasions. It is located on the O’Connell Vineyards and Apple Orchard Estate in the Russian River Valley wine region of beautiful Sonoma County, just four miles north of Sebastopol, five miles south of the Russian River, and seven miles west of Santa Rosa and the U.S. 101.
This lovely wine country estate is situated amid world-class Pinot Noir and Chardonnay vineyards and heirloom organic apple orchards that have been owned and operated by the O’Connell family since the 1930’s. To the east, the scenic views look over hundreds of acres of vineyards and stretch across the Santa Rosa Valley to Mount St. Helena and the Coastal Mountain Range in the north to the San Francisco Bay Area in the south. To the west, the views look out across the vineyards and apple orchards to Green Valley and the Russian River Valley.
Vine Hill House estate gardens include a grove with Douglas firs, redwoods, and oaks in a natural setting, spacious lawns and lovely flower gardens, and many other delightful extras. This beautiful private estate provides a stunning and romantic atmosphere for any occasion.
Let Vine Hill House help you create a beautiful and memorable wedding or other special occasion. Our select list of wedding and event specialists and vendors ensures that your celebration is spectacular and unforgettable. We offer a selection of event styles from intimate weekday celebrations to complete event packages.
Vine Hill House is available daily between April 1 and November 30 and is an approved and permitted event facility.
Services and Amenities Included
- Use of the Vine Hill House guest house throughout your event day
- Up to six-hour event time, based on the type of event selected. The exclusive event time is from the beginning of the ceremony or reception, as the case may be, to the conclusion of the entertainment music
- On-site day of event management
- Event coordination with Vine Hill House Event Specialists
- Day of event personal assistance. We provide our day of personal assistance for couples, their bridal party, and families. Our personal assistant team takes care of your personal needs such as set up of design elements including the guest book table, gift/card table, escort card table, favors, dining table design, ceremony and lounge area designs, tasting bar, games, and signage. These are all types of assignments that would otherwise be the responsibility of you and your bridal party. The assistant also takes care of helping with securing your personal items at the end of the event.
- If a ceremony is planned, Vine Hill House provides the rehearsal management and rehearsal time is included
- French Oak Wine Barrels for cocktail / bistro tables
- Ample off-street parking staffed with Vine Hill House parking attendants. Vine Hill House can accommodate any size shuttle or bus
- ADA-approved restroom facilities for guests
- Fully equipped outdoor kitchen and prep area for caterer
- Extensive catering menu selections
- 60″ round tables for dining, dining and ceremony chairs, and market umbrellas
- Guest book and place card tables, gift table, dessert presentation and serving tables, bar tables, and rectangular serving and preparation tables
- Facility lighting including landscape uplighting, small white lights, dance floor lighting, and dining area festival lights
- Dance floor
- Patio heaters
- Vine Hill House staff for set-up and take-down of Vine Hill House equipment
Beverages may include wine, champagne, beer, spirits, and non-alcoholic beverages. In addition to the Vine Hill House event fee, a portion of the wine selection to be served at an event is purchased from O’Connell Vineyards at an exclusive discount. Bartenders are included in the catering staff. In order to promote Sonoma County products, Vine Hill House suggests that other wines and beverages served at an event be selected from Sonoma County sources. Vine Hill House does not charge corkage fees on beverages provided by you.
Vine Hill House offers a list of recommended caterers. To showcase the bounty of Sonoma, caterers incorporate winegrapes, apples and other estate-grown products from the O’Connell Estate in their menus, when available, in addition to other Sonoma County culinary and wine products.
Fees and Deposits
Event fees for Saturdays and Holidays start at $9,900. Fridays start at $8,900 and Sunday events start at $8,000. Monday through Thursday events start at $7,000. Additional fees may apply.
Pricing is effective as of November 10, 2022. Rates are subject to change.
We accept cash, checks, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
Vine Hill House is shown by appointment. To arrange an appointment, please refer to the Contact Us page or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at (707) 823-8590.
Vine Hill House is located in a very special agricultural area of Sonoma County, which is a Right-to-Farm county. This means agriculture is given priority over other uses. We and our neighbors operate vineyards, orchards, and tree farms. Vine Hill House is located among these operating agricultural lands that may include dust, odor, noise, pesticide applications, and other nuisances associated with agricultural activities. The impact on Vine Hill House from these activities is minimal.