Vine Hill House is located in the heart of the Russian River Valley wine region of Sonoma County. With light, misty fog lingering on sunny summer mornings, this is a climate ideally suited for growing pinot noir and chardonnay grapes. Hundreds of picturesque vineyards and wineries are nestled here in the hillsides and valleys. They offer a huge selection to the wine lover, to be enjoyed along with gourmet meals or with fresh, locally-produced breads, cheeses and fruits. The Vine Hill Ridge area of the Russian River Valley is home to many of the best Pinot Noir wineries in the world.
Any time is the right time
In whichever season you choose to visit you will experience the bounty of this beautiful area from the luxurious comfort of Vine Hill House. Enjoy the fresh air and warm sunshine of our Pinot Noir vineyards and organic apple orchards with the blossoming trees and fields of mustard in spring. Feel the warm breeze of summer blowing across the vineyards on a peaceful evening while frogs and crickets enchant you. Taste the ripened fruit in fall, and observe the golden leaves of the vineyard at harvest time. Dream by the fire in winter while the sky is grey, and the snows cover the distant peaks. Every season has its unique offerings and you will want to come back again and again to try them all.
So much to do…or so little
Some of the activities to be found close by Vine Hill House include:
- Tasting and tours of world-renowned wineries
- Walking along rugged Pacific Coast beaches
- Visiting the towering redwood forests
- Russian River fishing, rafting, and swimming
- Hot air balloon rides
- Shopping and dining in nearby Sebastopol, Graton, Healdsburg, and Santa Rosa
- Exploring quaint, historic west-county towns
- Attending art shows, harvest festivals, concerts, and other local events
- Sport fishing at Bodega Bay
- Golf, tennis, and cycling
Whether you come to take part in any of the many varied happenings in the county, or to relax and enjoy yourself on your own leisurely schedule, you will find a warm and sheltered welcome on your return to Vine Hill House.